Happy Friday everyone! It seems like the weeks just keep zipping on by. This weekend I’m going to my friend’s Katie’s graduation and it’s definitely weird since 3 years ago that was me! Anyway, this week I’ve decided to share with you some of my favorite recipes that have come up on Facebook lately. I just love watching the cooking videos. It seems like they’re so easy since they all whip up those meals in just a minute or two!
I haven’t talked much about the upcoming wedding, and in all honesty, not much has actually been done. However, I have spent a LOT of time on Pinterest. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. My ideas have gotten really big, but financially and accessibility to doing certain things has definitely limited my brainstorming!
Today, I’ve decided to share some pins of what I’m using as overall inspiration for our wedding!
In the next 2 weeks, I have 2 graduations to attend! With graduation season quickly approaching, I decided to share some of my favorite graduation dresses I’ve found! These dresses can work if you’re the graduate who needs a last minute outfit or as someone who is just attending a friends graduation.
(1) Satin Strip Fit & Flare / (2) Pleated Fit & Flare / (3) BCBGeneration Fit & Flare / (4) Printed Maxi Dress / (5) Natural Fit & Flare / (6) Print Faux Wrap Dress / (7) Crepe Shift Dress / (8) Blouson Chiffon Skater Dress / (9) Dee Elly Lace Skater Dress / (10) Soprano Floral Blouson Midi Dress
Alright, one last little treat for you for the time being! This post is written by Shawn about his perspective of how we met! I’ve also included a few pictures from when we first began dating to share with you all! Hard to believe it was almost 5 years ago that we started dating this week!
If you’re expecting a fairy tale story, you are not going to get one. The evening I met Karissa was strange. I was sitting in an apartment with a friend. The bedroom door opens and out came a girl, who I later learned was named Karissa. She was wearing a blue onesie with pandas all over it. As she was walking past us, I couldn’t help but stare. Not for the reason you might think, but because this 19 year old girl was wearing a onesie. She then disappeared into the kitchen. What follows next, is my favorite part of the story. As I visited with my friend (Karissa’s roommate), the savory aroma of bacon filled the apartment.
After about 5 minutes, I was hungry. Karissa had finished cooking in the kitchen and all I could think about was how much I wanted bacon. Karissa proceeded to march out of the kitchen with the biggest plate of bacon I had ever seen in my life. I was staring again. This reason was different; this 19 year old girl, in a blue panda onesie, was carrying a plate full of bacon. I was staring because I wanted the bacon! This time, Karissa caught me staring. She paused, looked at me, and said, “Don’t judge me!”. And she continued her march back into her bedroom.
It wasn’t until a month later that I became interested in Karissa. After all, my first impression was of this weirdo who liked bacon and wore onesies. During that time, Karissa and I connected on a mutual interest: food. After all, we already had one thing in common, we both loved bacon. Over several meals, we bonded.In case you haven’t caught on, FOOD is a major theme in our relationship.
More importantly, we hope that Christ is a more noticeable theme in our relationship. The thing that attracted me to Karissa the most was witnessing her relationship with the LORD. I watched her as she served and worshipped in Bel Canto, her women’s choir at church. As Karissa and I committed into a relationship with each other five years ago, we also committed our relationship to the LORD. We vowed that we will always try to make everything in our relationship honorable to Him. As five years have passed, we have made mistakes, but this commitment is still very important to us!
How are we practically into May already? The weeks seem to be zipping by way too quickly for me. I’m very into custom items and shopping on etsy lately, so I’ve decided to share with you my favorite custom Mother’s Day gift ideas!
(1) Land’s End Natural Canvas Tote – This is probably one of my most favorite custom gifts I love to give! Not only is it totally customizable from the color to the monogram option, but it is a totally practical gift to give. It’s perfect for the person who has everything and it’s also perfect for the person who you don’t know what to get for them. Everyone can always use a tote bag, and it’s made with such good quality. I have a couple myself!
(2) Family Name Wood Sign – I think this is something so adorable that could be hanging in someones home. It’s so simple yet it’s also so meaningful and adds that personal touch. I honestly thought about getting this for Shawn’s mom for her birthday, however that list would’ve been way too long and taken up way too much space!
(3) Skinny Vertical Bar Necklace – I think this is something that is so sweet and simple. You can literally get this gift for anyone. Even the person who does’t wear jewelry. And this is coming from someone who doesn’t wear any jewelry!
(4) Family Tree Necklace – Last year, Shawn and I went in on a gift with Ryan and Cathren (Shawn’s older brother and his family) to get this for his mom for Mother’s Day. Except instead of the leaves, we got the initials of all 7 of her boys on little birds!
(5) Family Tree Gift – This is something I just absolutely love! We ended up getting this for Shawn’s Mom’s birthday gift this past year. We were able to pick the color scheme and she managed to fit EVERYONE onto the tree. And I also love that we can keep updating the tree as the family grows bigger!