Happy Friday everyone! It seems like the weeks just keep zipping on by. This weekend I’m going to my friend’s Katie’s graduation and it’s definitely weird since 3 years ago that was me! Anyway, this week I’ve decided to share with you some of my favorite recipes that have come up on Facebook lately. I just love watching the cooking videos. It seems like they’re so easy since they all whip up those meals in just a minute or two!
For whatever reason, this week just seemed longer than the past few weeks. On Tuesday I woke up thinking it was Thursday. Unfortunately, it was not. The good part is now that it’s November, I can officially start my countdowns to Thanksgiving break, my birthday, and Christmas break! I am so excited for Thanksgiving break, mainly because I get to go home to see my family and I can also start decorating the condo for Christmas. Though Rachel is pretty set on not helping me since it won’t be December when I start decorating. If it were up to me, the Christmas tree would’ve been up on November 1st.
Anyway, I stumbled upon some very cute videos and some other videos that just made me realize I needed to get some things done on my to do list… so enjoy!
- This little 4-year old girl can speak 7 languages! I can barely speak English!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tuhs2GWrnXc
- Do you have half moons on your nails? Now I’m thinking I need to start doing some things to change my way of living so my nails show I’m healthy!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI84YB3u1Sc
- Okay. I seriously can’t wait to have kids so my kids can be this adorable. Though now that I say that, they’ll probably just fight all the time. (But at the same time, I am so okay with waiting to have kids…)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlkhCeNllUo
- How often do you clean your fridge? Because I know I certainly do not! I probably have a ton of things in there right now that shouldn’t be there…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF7AsAEmRlM
- Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life comes out this month!! And I really want this sweatshirt. To wear. As I watch it on Netflix the day it comes out.
I can’t believe it’s already Monday again. They just keep coming around faster and faster. And of course, by the time I feel maybe a little caught up on my list of things to do (though sitting around rewatching all of Gilmore Girls with Rachel because she’s never seen it probably doesn’t help either) it’s already the weekend!
Friday evening Shawn and I went out with our friends to celebrate Michelle’s birthday. We went to Gen Korean BBQ and somehow our table ended up setting off the fire alarm because of all the smoke. Whoops! Talk about an exciting dinner…
Saturday morning Shawn and I headed up to Apple Valley to go see his nephew’s tee ball game. It was so much fun watching all the little kids playing baseball. Plus I got some special snuggles with little Layla!
Sunday I attempted to be productive, but of course that didn’t happen. However, I did have a delicious dinner at Noda Sushi! On a cold rainy day, Rachel and I were in need of some Udon. And as delicious as it looked, I was so hungry I forgot to take a picture!
Anyway, hope you had a great weekend and survive another Monday! Don’t forget to check in tomorrow for a very special treat that Stephanie and I have planned!
This week was definitely a crazier week that most, so I am definitely glad it’s the weekend. Though I won’t be able to lay around relaxing, I am excited for what this weekend holds. It should be a fun but busy weekend! This week, Rachel and I decided to figure out what direction we wanted to go with our condo in terms of decorating. I moved into the condo right out of college and it started as old college dorm/apartment and met Fischer Price this past year. Well now I’m trying to get it to where it’s a comfy home but also age appropriate! We decided to do a mix of a few different themes… I’ve decided to call it “Girly Country Chic”. We figured that this may be one of the last times we can use pink and girly things to decorate a home. Once we’re married all of that will be out the window!
I’ve decided to share with you 3 of our top places to look for inspiration and some of the items we ended up getting or are planning on getting! If you’ve stumbled upon anything that you think would go along with what we’re looking for, make sure to comment on this post and share it with us. We could totally use all the help we can get!
- Target – We’ve taken a look at inspiration portions of the Target website (luxury & glam, farmhouse, and shabby chic) and gotten some great ideas. Here’s a few of our favorite pieces we’ve seen. Rachel is really into the little stool.
- IKEA – I honestly forget about IKEA sometimes. But whenever I go, it does not disappoint. We found some great smaller items (that had a great price!) that have definitely helped to start tying everything together.
- Michael’s – Time to get some DIY in! With a little Pinterest searching and a little patience, you can literally create anything you want. And that’s what we’re doing. I had a ton of little mini chalk boards (as well as 2 larger ones hanging on the walls) so we decided to write little phrases or words that match the season we’re in.
Happy Friday! This week was definitely more of a normal week. I am a huge fan of Chip and Joanna Gaines of HGTV’s Fixer Upper. So this week’s Happy Friday posts are all about the Gaines! So even if you don’t know who they are, I really encourage you to take some time and watch the videos and learn about this amazing couple!
1. This week they actually had their book come out on the shelves and I’m so excited to get it to read it.
2. Chip and Joanna Gaines story shared in an interview
3. “I am Second”
4. “Why Chip & Jo Don’t Care About Legacy
5. Shop the Magnolia Market – Oh my goodness they have some very cute things! Here’s a few things that are standing out to me!