Happy Friday everyone! It seems like the weeks just keep zipping on by. This weekend I’m going to my friend’s Katie’s graduation and it’s definitely weird since 3 years ago that was me! Anyway, this week I’ve decided to share with you some of my favorite recipes that have come up on Facebook lately. I just love watching the cooking videos. It seems like they’re so easy since they all whip up those meals in just a minute or two!
I can’t believe it’s already Monday again. They just keep coming around faster and faster. And of course, by the time I feel maybe a little caught up on my list of things to do (though sitting around rewatching all of Gilmore Girls with Rachel because she’s never seen it probably doesn’t help either) it’s already the weekend!
Friday evening Shawn and I went out with our friends to celebrate Michelle’s birthday. We went to Gen Korean BBQ and somehow our table ended up setting off the fire alarm because of all the smoke. Whoops! Talk about an exciting dinner…
Saturday morning Shawn and I headed up to Apple Valley to go see his nephew’s tee ball game. It was so much fun watching all the little kids playing baseball. Plus I got some special snuggles with little Layla!
Sunday I attempted to be productive, but of course that didn’t happen. However, I did have a delicious dinner at Noda Sushi! On a cold rainy day, Rachel and I were in need of some Udon. And as delicious as it looked, I was so hungry I forgot to take a picture!
Anyway, hope you had a great weekend and survive another Monday! Don’t forget to check in tomorrow for a very special treat that Stephanie and I have planned!
In honor of back to school season, I’ve compiled a list of things I’ve found entertaining that all relate to going back to school. Enjoy!
1. Teachers sing ‘One Day More’ before students return – Really funny video, especially if you’re in education and/or you like musicals!
2. Rap Lesson to Mozart for students – A teacher asked this YouTuber to rap a lesson for her students so it would be enjoyable but they would also learn something and be insipired.
3. Dorm Room Hacks – Wish I had known about these when I was living in a dorm!
4. 50 Most Beautiful Christian Colleges in the U.S. – Well, my college made #5 and my cousin’s college made #12. I’d say that’s pretty good!
5. Teacher Has Best Response for Inappropriate Question – “What do you make?”
Happy Friday everyone! Hope you all have a great weekend!
For whatever reason, this week seemed to go by all too quickly. But I am happy that the weekend is here. Weekends are my favorite because I get to spend time with my friends, we can catch up on everything that has gone on during the past week, and I can sleep in past 7 AM!
This past month was quite a busy one as I wasn’t sure if I was going to be making some transitions in my life. However, things are saying the same so this is my last weekend before I get back into my working schedule.
So even though Labor Day hasn’t come yet, to me, this is the last weekend of summer. But I always welcome routine and schedule into my life.
I decided to make this Friday’s post all about fun things to do in the LA area during fall!
- 626 Night Market – Asian. Food trucks. Do I need to say anything else?? This takes place at the Santa Anita Race Track. They have this event a few times during the summer, but Labor Day weekend is the last weekend they’re having it for the year! This event is definitely on my calendar!
2. Cal Poly Pomona Pumpkin Festival – Okay, this event isn’t until October, but it’s definitely one to mark your calendars for. Fields full of pumpkins, snacks, and so many other activities! And because October is still warm here in Southern California, the weather is going to be perfect. Although, parking will not be very fun to find.
3. L.A. County Fair – Although the OC Fair is over, I’m excited to go to the L.A. County fair, mostly because there are special college days, and I can get into the L.A. County fair for free on APU day!
If you live in the area and know of some other fun activities that are coming up, let me know! My friends and I are always looking for fun things to do to get out of the house.
Whoa. This week just seemed to zip by! Does anyone else feel like they were hit hard by the time change? I know it was only by an hour, but I still have felt “off” this past week. I feel like I was a little bit on auto pilot for most of the week. But I’m also glad to have the nice warm weather (it’s been in the 90’s this week!) and the longer, lighter days.
This afternoon after work, Shawn and I are heading up north again for the weekend. I’m excited to escape the heat for the weekend and see my family. We, well I guess I, have a 3-day weekend so it’ll be nice to not have to rush back down to LA after church. We can actually enjoy our Sunday afternoon. And I’m especially looking forward to this particular Sunday afternoon…
This “Happy Friday” post will be somewhat short since I really didn’t have much time to spend on the computer going through articles and such. But here are a few that did end up sticking out to me, so I hope you enjoy them!
1. 7 Signs Your Twenties Aren’t Going as Planned – Uh hello! Anyone else going through that “quarter life crisis”, as I like to call it? I was just talking to one of my good friends the other night and it’s a scary time going through that ‘college student to real life’ transition. I’ll be the first one to admit that my twenties aren’t going as I planned, but I’m still getting there. Maybe slower than I thought, and with many more doubts, but I’m still getting there. Just not in the timing that I planned. Which I also will admit, has been hard for me since I’m such a planner.
2. The Key to Better Sleep is an Organized Bedroom – Because I have a roommate, the majority of the things are crammed into my room. I’ve been doing a better job about going through everything every week to throw out stuff I’m not using, or donating clothes I don’t wear anymore. At the beginning of the year, I even started using the hanger method. (For those of you who don’t know what the hanger method is, it’s when you turn all your hangers around backwards and when you actually wear those clothes you turn them around the correct way. At the end of the year, all the clothes that have not been turned around, you donate!) But I totally agree with this article. Coming home to a nice clean room, with a made up bed, and a clean desk is so much more relaxing after a long day at school or work.
3. Frozen 2 – As much as I love Frozen, I don’t know if I can exactly get behind a Frozen 2. But I guess we’ll have to see how Disney works it all out.