My all time favorite cookie recipe is for Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut cookies. Since we’re getting into that season where cookies, a good book or movie, and a blanket is the perfect recipe for a wonderful evening, I thought I’d share my recipe with you! It’s super easy to make and doesn’t take much time at all. I love whipping up a batch of cookies when I know friends are going to be coming over and I want something special to share with them.
Oven Temp: 375 degrees
Time: 10-12 minutes
Serves: 3 dozen
½ cup butter, softened
1/3 cup white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ tsp. baking soda
1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
1 ¼ cups semisweet chocolate chunks
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/8 cup flour
- Preheat oven.
- Lightly grease 2 large cookie sheets.
- Cream the butter and sugars together in a large bowl.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until blended.
- Sift together the flour and baking soda.
- Gradually blend into the batter.
- Stir in the chopped macadamia nuts and chocolate chunks.
- Drop rounded teaspoons onto the cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, and transfer the cookies to cooling racks.